In this newsletter:
- FAR Call for Research Project Proposals 2019
- Research Masterclass 6 February 2019
- Save the Date: 4th International FAR Conference
FAR Call for Research Project Proposals 2019
We are proud to issue FAR’s 4th Call for Research Project Proposals (2019). Based on further developments of our research agenda and strategy, we would like to invite scholars to submit a proposal for a research project that either provides practitioners and academics insights into auditing practices described in the existing literature or that seeks to develop new knowledge of audit practices.
In this call, FAR invites scholars to submit research proposals with regard to 8 topics in the following 3 research programs:
- Research Program A1: Research practice notes, to academically inform the current professional and public debate with regard to the audit profession in the Netherlands. Such practice notes have an expected project timeline of 3 months maximum and may develop into a Program A2 project.
- Research Program A2: Research syntheses, to unlock what we already know from science (in accounting and in other fields) about a specific question and potential interventions that can be suggested to strengthen audit quality. Such research projects have an expected project timeline of 6 to 9 months and may develop into a Program B project.
- Research Program B: Empirical research projects, including a research practice note and synthesis (program A1+2, within same timelines), with a project timeline of 1 to 4 years (depending on scope of the research project).
Proposals should be submitted in writing to the Scientific Committee of FAR no later than February 7, 2019 for programs A1 and A2 and no later than March 22, 2019 for program B.
For a full overview of the agenda and the requirements to submit a research proposal, please see the following documents, or visit the website:
Research Masterclass 6 February 2019
On February 6, 2019 the Foundation for Auditing Research (FAR) will be hosting a
Research Masterclass by Reggie Hooghiemstra and Dennis Veltrop from the University of Groningen. The subject of this Masterclass is “Why some auditors thrive while others struggle: the effects of multiple team members on audit quality – Matching your performance to engagement teams”.
Please click here for more information and registration.
Save the date: 4th International FAR Conference
We cordially invite you to join us for the 4th International Conference of the Foundation for Auditing Research on Monday 3 June and Tuesday 4 June 2019.
FAR offers the unique opportunity to bring researchers and audit firms together for knowledge exchange and collaboration. The conference is focused on sharing findings from FAR Research Projects as well as introducing new projects, disseminating existing knowledge on relevant questions from auditing practice, and discussing views from practice, standard setters and regulators. The conference is particularly of interest to audit researchers, audit practitioners and firm management, auditing standards setters, audit supervisors and auditing teachers.
We are currently working on the program, so keep an eye on our website for information, updates and registration.
Curious about last year’s conference? Watch the video or read all about it here.