FAR Practice Notes
FAR Practice Notes are executive summaries focused on auditing professionals, audit firm management, audit standard setters, regulators, and auditing students who wish to have a first introduction into issues of interest. Based on these Practice Notes you can also find references to the underlying research papers, in case you wish to delve deeper into the underlying research and knowledge. Access to the actual research papers depends on your firm’s or university’s library access rights (although papers may be found through scholar.google.com as well).
List of publications
- Literature review on the relationship between audit quality and non-audit services (English / Dutch), by Jan Bouwens.
- FAR’s response to the Green Paper (29 September 2017), by Olof Bik and Jan Bouwens.
- “Zwijgen is zilver, spreken is goud? De invloed van leiderschap op audit kwaliteit”, by Olof Bik and Jan Bouwens, published on the Accountant website (currently Dutch only).
- “Auditors: their mindset and their decisions”, by Jan Bouwens, published in MAB.
- “The governance of a quality oriented culture – In search of congruence”, by Olof Bik, published in MAB.
FAR Research Papers and Conference Proceedings
How does FAR contribute to a learning environment? Results of research projects will include research papers and one or more presentations at the (annual) FAR conference and/or masterclasses to the participating audit firms and their stakeholders. Research teams will thus communicate their findings both with their peers through academic publications and with auditors working in practice (e.g., by writing or including a survey directed to auditors in practice). On a regular basis FAR will organize different events to share the knowledge from academic research with the practice.