Research links to relevant sources
There are numerous other sources of practically relevant (academic) knowledge about auditing. These are included below.
- 33 Years of Auditing Research [American Accounting Association > The Auditing Section > Research]
- Accounting Research Network [Social Science Research Network]
- Accounting Topics [Kellogg Insight]
- Audit Quality: Insights from the Academic Literature [Auditing: A Journal of Practice & Theory]
- Auditing Association Auditing Section Research Summary Database [American Accounting Association]
- CAQ Resources [Center for Audit Quality]
- Gespot [Accountant], click on the search button of the Accountant website for more editions
FAR Practice Notes
Always wanted to know more about certain subjects relating to the auditing profession? FAR writes its own Practice Notes: papers that give a first introduction to an issue of interest. For more information about a specific Practice Note references are included to the underlying research papers.
FAR Research Papers and Conference Proceedings
How does FAR contribute to a learning environment? Results of research projects will include research papers and one or more presentations at the (annual) FAR conference and/or Masterclassess to the participating audit firms and their stakeholders. Research teams will thus communicate their findings both with their peers through academic publications and with auditors working in practice (e.g. by writing or including a survey directed to auditors in practice). On a regular basis FAR will organize different events to share the knowledge from academic research with the practice.